Our History

Founded in 1905, Rhydyfelin Rugby Football club, commonaly know as "The Village" plays its rugby at the Rec, located behindHawthorn Leasuire Centre.

The Badge:

The present club badge is based on a shield design split into quarters. The four sections of the badge represent the Glamorgan Chevrons, the former round houses of Rhydyfelin, the old tin works of Rhydyfelin and the old viaduct that once ran through the village.

Some of the team honours recent years include:

1st Team

  • WRU Division 1 East Champions 2016/17
  • Glamorgan County Silver Ball Winners 2016/17
  • Swalec Plate Finalists 2012/13
  • Welsh Division 3 South East Champions 2005 (Unbeaten 26/26)
  • Welsh Divison 4 Champions 2003
  • Welsh Division 5 Champions 2001

 

2nd Team

  • Mel Davies Cup Winners 2016/17
  • Rhondda & East Glamorgan Division C Winners 2015/16
  • Mel Davies Cup Winners 2015/16
  • Rhondda & East Glamorgan Division C Winners 2013/14*
  • Ivor Williams Cup Winners 2013/14*
  • Rhondda & East Glamorgan Premier 2a Champions 2008/09
  • Ivor Williams Cup Winners 2008/09 (Tenth time)

 

Youth

  • WRU Youth Plate Finalists 2015/16
  • Blues Youth Division BB Champions 2007
  • Taff Rhondda Cup Winners 2007